Thursday, November 6, 2014

Meaningful quotes explained

"As you go through life, You've got to see the valleys as well as the peaks"-Neil Young
One of my favorite quotes of all time presented by Neil himself. Generally speaking at a young age we are taught that success is good and failure is bad. Winners vs losers. But isn't it an actual fact a building block towards success? Motivation is usually something most people find hard to achieve. I'm over weight, my grades are horrendous, I suck... It's a fact i'm over weight, it's a fact my grades are terrible, it's a fact I suck. Once you steep so low in an undesirable world, you come to the realization that its time to make change possible. Get to your comfortable weight, get your grades where you want them and turn valleys into peaks.

"When I was a kid, my social network was called outside."-The-personal-quotes. This quote really speaks for itself, I mean i'm guilty for it sometimes. When I was a kid my only real choice of a friend was my father. My school had a population of 60, and my class consisted of 6 people. These 6 people were spread out of a radius of about 20 minutes away from me. Yes, some days I would hang out with them but I was content with the outdoors acting as a playground all for myself. Social networking wasn't really a big thing in my childhood. Nowadays if you just take a moment to look around... Phones, Facebook, Instagram, twitter.... As much as I enjoy it, when is the right age to introduce it to your children? Maybe eventually, instead of a child's first word or first steps we can have him dial daddy's and mommy's number.. At the age of one, a phone and computer at the age of two? I know I'm being a bit drastic but honestly... What will a kid call "outside" in 10 or 20 years?

"Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing"-Oscar Wilde 
Today we focus on materialistic items, our day to day lives become an endless calender that we become lost in. In today's generation media became an escape. Instead of facing problems we ignore them through media, when in reality we should face them. Being the best and having the best is what becomes truly important when it really isn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment